At UBMD Ortho, expect to be treated like a pro. It’s not just a slogan because we’re the team doctors for many professional, collegiate and high school programs. We practice it – everyday with Every Body.
Beginning with your first visit to one of our locations, you will receive professional care, from the office support staff to your physician. Our staff will walk you through the registration process, answering any and all questions or concerns you may have. From there you’ll have a private discussion with your doctor about your injury.
What to bring
To make the most of your first visit, please bring the following to your appointment:
- Current insurance card(s)
- Any and all X-rays, MRIs or other imaging films
- Referral from your primary care physician, if applicable
- Complete listing of the current medications you are taking
- Information about what treatments and medications have been tried in the past and medical records that you think may be helpful
- List of questions or concerns you want to discuss with your physician
We realize that orthopaedic injuries can be painful and even discouraging because of the limitations certain injuries can carry, but our goal with every patient is to find the best treatment options possible and discuss those with you.The medical professionals you will be working with will explore every option available to you, which may or may not include surgery.
On your first visit, your doctor will:
- Discuss your symptoms with you and ask you where it hurts
- Review your records or previous tests
- Assess your injury, including range-of-motion, swelling, strength or weaknesses and any instability or abnormality
- Possibly order more diagnostic tests such as X-rays of your injury in various positions, or MRIs to assess damage, or a CT scan to examine bones more closely
- Determine if therapy is an option to help restore mobility and function